Payara upgrade required

Philip Durbin

Dec 7, 2020, 4:27:00 PM12/7/20
to datave...@googlegroups.com
My fellow Dataverse developers,

We recently merged pull request #7422 which requires you to update to Payara 5.2020.6 or higher. Here's a handy link: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/payara.fish/Payara+Downloads/5.2020.6/payara-5.2020.6.zip

I ended up keeping the same versions of PostgreSQL and Solr but I cleared out their data before proceeding (this is just a dev environment so I don't care about the data). Once I had the newer version of Payara in place, I ran the installer as with a new installation.

There are other approaches you can take but I think the above is the most straightforward for developers. Production installations will be given different (data preserving!) instructions in the 5.3 release notes*.

Happy hacking!

Phil

shla...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 12:10:11 PM12/8/20
to Dataverse Dev
For those of us who have yet to upgrade to 5.0 w/ Payara.... when we go to DV 5.0 should we just start with Payara 5.2?

--
Sherry

James Myers

Dec 8, 2020, 12:19:59 PM12/8/20
to datave...@googlegroups.com

FWIW: I’ve installed 5.1 instances using Payara 5.2020.6 as the first payara instance, so I think going directly to that (versus 5.2020.2 as in the instructions) should be fine. That said, I haven’t been involved in tracking payara’s updates so others may know better.

-- Jim

Durand, Gustavo

Dec 8, 2020, 1:44:17 PM12/8/20
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I don't see any reason not to go straight to that version.