Dataverse temporary ingestion file directory

Michel Bamouni

Jun 16, 2020, 9:04:20 AM6/16/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I hope this post find you well.
I use dataverse 4.20 and I notice that for ingestion files like Rdata or stata, dataverse use /tmp as temporary directory for ingestion.
I want to know if it's possible to change this temp ingestion directory. If true, how can I do it?

Best regards

Michel

Philip Durbin

Jun 16, 2020, 11:38:02 AM6/16/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tested this myself but please try adjusting the JVM option "java.io.tmpdir". It's mentioned in this issue: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/6656

Michel Bamouni

Jun 17, 2020, 5:29:41 AM6/17/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Philipp,

I will try the java.io.tmpdir option.

Best regards

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:04 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I hope this post find you well.
I use dataverse 4.20 and I notice that for ingestion files like Rdata or stata, dataverse use /tmp as temporary directory for ingestion.
I want to know if it's possible to change this temp ingestion directory. If true, how can I do it?

Best regards

Michel

Samur Yan

Sep 3, 2020, 7:25:29 AM9/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community
I am also gonna try java.io.tmpdir for this. Hope everything gets be fine,

Michel Bamouni

Sep 3, 2020, 8:21:56 AM9/3/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello Samur,

java.io.tmpdir works fine for me.

best regards,

Michel

Le jeu. 3 sept. 2020 à 13:25, Samur Yan <tof...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I am also gonna try java.io.tmpdir for this. Hope everything gets be fine,

--
Edudictive