Terms Error after V5.10 Upgrade

Sherry Lake

Jul 20, 2022, 2:43:16 PM7/20/22
to Dataverse Users Community
I have a similar problem as reported here:

BUT on my repository the problem is only occurring on previously published datasets (when I go to edit the terms). I have no problem creating new datasets and changing terms. We are at V5.11.

For all previously published datasets, I am getting an error when trying to "edit" terms.

I see this error in the "restricted files" section, but the dataset does not have any restricted files.

Did I miss a step in prep? I do not get this error on newly created datasets (created after V5.10).

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 2.29.55 PM.png

Sherry Lake
UVa Dataverse - LibraData

sekm...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2022, 10:04:49 AM7/21/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Sherry,
Yes, this is an issue for Datasets that were created prior to 5.11 that don't have "request access" or terms of access and do not have any restricted files. In 5.11 we think that the only way to trigger this bug is to create a dataset with a Template.  There is a fix coming in 5.12, but the workaround for now is to briefly restrict a file, make the edits to Terms and unrestrict the file. Sorry for the inconvenience.