UNF displaying in citation field

Philipp at UiT

Oct 3, 2016, 1:34:41 AM10/3/16
to Dataverse Users Community
In some of the datasets in our Dataverse installation a UNF number is included in the citation field, cf.

Does anyone know why?

Best,
Philipp

Philip Durbin

Oct 3, 2016, 9:25:13 AM10/3/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Hi Philipp,

UNF is one of the seven components of a data citation in Dataverse. It only applies to tabular data that has been successfully ingested*. Please see http://dataverse.org/best-practices/academic-credit which lists them:

- author name(s)
- year (date published in Dataverse)
- title
- global persistent identifier: DOI or Handle
- publisher (repository that published the dataset)
- version number
- universal numerical fingerprint (UNF): for tabular data

I hope this helps!

Phil

Philipp at UiT

Oct 3, 2016, 12:04:48 PM10/3/16
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Thanks, Phil!
It seems then that most of our tabular data is not successfully ingested - probably because we recommend our users to upload them as tabulator separated utf-8 .txt files.

Philipp

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Philipp at UiT <uit.op...@gmail.com> wrote:
In some of the datasets in our Dataverse installation a UNF number is included in the citation field, cf.

Does anyone know why?

Best,
Philipp

Philip Durbin

Oct 3, 2016, 12:56:12 PM10/3/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I see. Well, I just looked through https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues and don't see anything specifically about ingest failing on UTF files but I did find this one about tab separated files: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/1912 . If the file is public maybe you could link to it from that issue so it can be tested against someday.

Philipp at UiT

Oct 4, 2016, 12:47:46 AM10/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
I just linked to the files/datasets in the GitHub issue.