About checking AuthProvider(Dataverse/Shibboleth) for displaying item in header

Taki NakaMura

Aug 26, 2021, 5:33:24 AM8/26/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

I am having a Dataverse that user can login via local account and Shibboleth, and I would like to show something in the Dataverse header like this :
Your login is via Shibboleth if the user logged in via Shibboleth.
Your login is via local account if the user logged in via local account.
I am thinking of creating 2 div with different jsf:rendered to show only one of them, but I am not sure how to check whether the user is using Shibboleth or local account. Is it possible to do it or are there other ways to do it? Thanks.

Patrick

Philip Durbin

Aug 26, 2021, 9:25:56 AM8/26/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way I can think of to remind yourself if you've logged in with local or Shib is to click your name in the upper right and then "Account Information". With a local account, you'll be able to edit the values (email, etc.). With Shib, you'll see a message that account information can't be edited (screenshot attached).

If you have something else in mind, please feel free to open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues (mockups appreciated).

Thanks,

Phil

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 9.21.42 AM.png