First dataverse install displays blank page - suggestions to fix the problem?

Adilia Alves

Feb 8, 2019, 12:37:31 PM2/8/19
to Dataverse Users Community

I have installed the following system and technologies:

debian 9.x,
openjdk version 1.8.0_181
glassfish 4.1
postgresql 9.6.10
solr 7.3.0
When I try to launch dataverse 4.1 on glassfish I get a blank page.

Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Adília Alves

Philip Durbin

Feb 11, 2019, 6:50:34 AM2/11/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble installing Dataverse. I assume you meant Dataverse 4.10.1, the latest release.

The first thing to know is that while we have heard of successful installations on Debian and Ubuntu, we only test releases on RHEL/CentOS.

The blank page is probably another case of https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3148 unfortunately. Can you please email your server.log file and setup-all.sh1234 (the number will vary) to sup...@dataverse.org?

Thanks!

Phil

Condon, Kevin M

Feb 11, 2019, 6:49:39 PM2/11/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please make sure the user you are using to run glassfish also owns all the directories including /glassfish4 and below. Also, be aware that running glassfish at anytime as another user, such as root, may create temporary files that may block starting the application as your usual user. Last, try undeploying the application, removing the /usr/local/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated directory, restart glassfish and redeploy the application.

We've received your RT ticket and will continue communicating with you there but since there have been several similar installation issues recently, I thought it would help to post some general tips here.

Regards,

Kevin