Geoconnect embedded server

Michel Bamouni

Mar 26, 2018, 9:38:09 AM3/26/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I setup geoconnect and it runs on welle with the default port 8070. I want to know, which server are embedded in geconnect source.

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Mar 26, 2018, 10:11:48 AM3/26/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I *think* you can use whatever port you want. I don't think the port is hard-coded (I just did a search). The example shows port 8070:

python manage.py runserver 8070

That's from https://github.com/IQSS/geoconnect/blob/8d0cced70c96b8ded5bc26b05839bc549341bb34/local_setup.md#run-the-local-server-and-login-to-the-admin-screenshot

Pete Meyer

Mar 26, 2018, 10:51:55 AM3/26/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I'm not very familiar with worldmap; but it might be worth pointing out that django recommends not using the built in server (`python manage.py runserver`) in production.

Not sure if this is a factor in your plans or not.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I setup geoconnect and it runs on welle with the default port 8070. I want to know, which server are embedded in geconnect source.

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Mar 26, 2018, 1:42:18 PM3/26/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Peter and Phil,

Thanks for your answser. I donit want to change the fgeoconnect port. To make an architectural schema, I just want to know which server geoconnect use to work. Is it jetty, ...

Thanks ,

Michel

Le lundi 26 mars 2018 16:51:55 UTC+2, Pete Meyer a écrit :
I'm not very familiar with worldmap; but it might be worth pointing out that django recommends not using the built in server (`python manage.py runserver`) in production.

Not sure if this is a factor in your plans or not.

On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 10:11:48 AM UTC-4, Philip Durbin wrote:
I *think* you can use whatever port you want. I don't think the port is hard-coded (I just did a search). The example shows port 8070:

python manage.py runserver 8070
Hi Peter and

Philip Durbin