2022 Season's Greetings and core team expansion

Philip Durbin

Dec 19, 2022, 2:14:49 PM12/19/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Season’s Greetings from all of us,

It's the time of the year when you take stock of all the work done, notwithstanding challenges like team and management changes. We made this journey together with you, the Dataverse community, and we are grateful for everyone’s contribution. Here are a few highlights of this year’s accomplishments:

- Released 6 versions of the Dataverse software.
- 13 new installations, which brings the total number to 93 spread over 33 countries.
- The 2022 Dataverse Community Meeting was incredibly successful with 17 sessions, 52 talks on YouTube, a peak of 1227 unique virtual attendees and 631 total max concurrent views.

Dataverse was represented at seven conferences, training events and workshops around the world including four NIH/GREI coopetition webinars and several trainings, the largest of which had 650 registrants.

As our community continues to grow, so does the need to remain responsive. We have introduced a set of new dashboards that should facilitate the understanding of how the project evolves.

We are delighted to announce that Jim Myers (GDCC/QDR), Oliver Bertuch (FZJ/HERMES) and Don Sizemore (GDCC/Odum) have accepted an invitation to join our Core Development Team. We look forward to their continued contribution to Dataverse.

We sent out for review an initial draft on the re-architecturing project of the Dataverse platform. Thank you for your valuable comments and feedback. A finalized document and a tentative roadmap for development will be communicated in early 2023 and we are thrilled to start working on it.

Harvard and IQSS will be officially closed for the holiday break beginning the afternoon of December 22th and will reopen on January 3rd. During this time, the Dataverse team will be generally unavailable through our normal channels.

We would like to wish you a healthy and restful holiday season. We are proud to have you in the Dataverse community and look forward to continuing working with you!

Best wishes,

The Dataverse Team