EasyReview: A web-based tool to review Dataverse datasets

Jan Range

Jan 12, 2023, 9:37:36 AM1/12/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi @all,

my name is Jan Range and in the recent Community Call I had the chance to present a new tool called EasyReview that I am currently developing.

EasyReview is a website tool designed to help review datasets stored in Dataverse. It breaks down the review process by looking at each field of the dataset individually. Reviewers can be easily invited to join the review through a provided link, and can share their feedback with others involved in the process.

The presentation has been recorded and is already available at Dataverse TV which you can watch here.

Happy to hear your feedback and if there are any questions, feel free to drop these here :-)

Have a great day!

All the best,
Jan

Steven McEachern

Feb 20, 2023, 5:54:06 PM2/20/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jan,

I was working through the video you presented recently and really like the look of EasyDataverse.
I was wondering if you had considered looking at variable metadata at this point - currently the emphasis seems to be on Dataset level metadata.
We have been working on processing and review scripts for variables and would be keen to compare experiences.

Cheers,
Steve
Australian Data Archive

Jan Range

Feb 21, 2023, 2:55:18 PM2/21/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Steve,

first of all thanks for your feedback, happy you like the look of of EasyReview and EasyDataverse!

Regarding your question, so far both EasyDataverse and EasyReview focus on Dataset level metadata. In the case of variable metadata, I have to admit I am not fully aware of. Are these tags and/or dataverse specifications?

Happy to extend both EasyDataverse and EasyReview towards your use case :-)

All the best,
Jan