Where is dataverse language file (locale)?

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 7:58:44 AM6/5/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Where can I find DVN language file(s) (locale)?  I have searched in the database and files/directories.

Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

Jun 5, 2014, 9:13:24 AM6/5/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Just to be clear, are you talking about
internationalization/localization of the app itself (
https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/issues/3623 ) or are you talking
about a "language" metadata field at the dataset level (
https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/issues/3836 )?

Phil
> --

Philip Durbin
Software Developer for http://thedata.org
http://www.iq.harvard.edu/people/philip-durbin

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2014, 3:11:00 PM6/9/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Yes, am talking about internationalization/localization. We want to add extra  text info to display at "Login" and "Create account" pages.

- Ofuuzo

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM,  <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Where can I find DVN language file(s) (locale)?  I have searched in the
> database and files/directories.
>
> Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

Jun 10, 2014, 1:32:59 PM6/10/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Ok, the short answer is that there are no language files yet but please keep an eye on https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/issues/3623

If I notice that we've begun work on this I'll try to remember to reply to this thread.

Phil

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 3:58:34 PM6/10/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Does it means that the texts are fetched from a remote server whenever when they are displayed i.e  at /dvn/faces/login/ContributorRequestSuccessPage.xhtml:

As a registered user, you can:
  • Add studies to open and wiki dataverses, if available
  • Contribute to existing studies in wiki dataverses, if available
  • Add user comments to studies that have this option

Ofuuzo

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:11 PM, <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, am talking about internationalization/localization. We want to add extra  text info to display at "Login" and "Create account" pages.

- Ofuuzo

kl. 15:13:24 UTC+2 torsdag 5. juni 2014 skrev Philip Durbin følgende:
Just to be clear, are you talking about
internationalization/localization of the app itself (
https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/issues/3623 ) or are you talking
about a "language" metadata field at the dataset level (
https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/issues/3836 )?

Phil

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM,  <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Where can I find DVN language file(s) (locale)?  I have searched in the
> database and files/directories.
>
> Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

Jun 10, 2014, 4:13:31 PM6/10/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question... In DVN 3.x those bullets come from here (not a remote server): https://github.com/IQSS/dvn/blob/3.6.2/DVN-root/DVN-web/src/main/java/BundlePageInfo.properties#L132

I hope this helps,

Phil

ofu...@yahoo.no

Jun 13, 2014, 6:37:12 AM6/13/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Thanks Phil. It helps.

Ofuuzo

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2014, 9:48:00 AM6/16/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu

Hi,

There is one thing I do not understand. Most of DVN internationalization/localization app itself can be found in ..directory./applications/DVN-web/WEB-INF/classes/.. But where can i find internationalization/localization displayed as green text color/style and green background (ie, “User account created successfully”. see the attachment file)?

Thanks in advance

Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

Jun 16, 2014, 9:50:55 AM6/16/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2014, 3:15:02 AM6/17/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi,
In our installation, the file "AddAccountPage.java" is a binary file. I can not add/extend the text i.e:

getVDCRenderBean().getFlash().put("successMessage", "User account created successfully." );

Ofuuzo

Ben Companjen

Jun 17, 2014, 5:41:32 AM6/17/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, ofu...@gmail.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Ofuuzo,

You would need to change the source code, then compile the project using Maven and then redeploy the new WAR file on your server.

See the development documentation for more information: http://thedata.harvard.edu/guides/dataverse-developer-main.html

Groeten van Ben