Changing Footer Copyright

Sherry Lake

Nov 7, 2016, 2:17:24 PM11/7/16
to Dataverse Users Community
4.5.1 has a new setting :FooterCopyright which allows us non-Harvard dataverses to change the copyright text on our institutional versions.

Not sure if I am asking my question correctly, but I want to know dose "Harvard" care if we change the copyright to UVa on our footer? But the software is still "Harvards/IQSS"? So can we put copyright UVA?

I assume I am also allowed to change the copyright on the User Guide pages (which I did, but is it OK to do?)?

Thanks for any (legal) advice.

--

Sherry Lake | Scholarly Repository Librarian | University of Virginia Library | shL...@virginia.edu | 434.924.6730 | @shLakeUVA | Alderman Library, 160 N. McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Alderman 563 | LinkedIn Profile | “Keeper of the Dataverse"

Philip Durbin

Nov 7, 2016, 2:25:01 PM11/7/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I am not a lawyer but we put that setting in for a reason! :)

I put it fairly high up on the list of config options because I think it'll be a popular one: http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.5.1/installation/config.html#footercopyright

Hope this helps,

Phil

Heppler, Michael

Nov 7, 2016, 2:59:06 PM11/7/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Sherry,

At the moment, I am working with the appropriate channels to get you as accurate of a response as possible in regards to "(legal) advice" relating to the copyright in the Dataverse footer.

Mike

--
Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer