API not available

Alfredo Cosco

Jul 29, 2022, 1:25:44 PM7/29/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,
I'm trying to run curl calls to fill my Dataverse.

If I try on Harward Demo everything is fine, but when I try on my installation,

{"status":"ERROR","code":404,"message":"API endpoint does not exist on this server. Please check your code for typos, or consult our API guide at http://guides.dataverse.org.","requestUrl":"https://myurl/api/v1/","requestMethod":"GET"}

I tried also directly by using the backend server using http://localhost:8080/api but the error is the same.

Thanks,
Alfredo

Philip Durbin

Aug 4, 2022, 9:17:14 AM8/4/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alfredo,

I was happy to see you join https://chat.dataverse.org shortly after you posted this and tried to reach you there. Some real time troubleshooting might be easier if you want to re-join.

It sounds like https://demo.dataverse.org/api/info/version is working for you.

You're saying that http://localhost:8080/api/info/version is not working for you (from localhost) on your installation? That's strange. APIs are used during the installation process so they should be working.

Please note that you'll also get that same 404 error if you use the wrong "verb" (GET vs. POST vs. PUT) for an existing API endpoint. This trips me up sometimes.

Anyway, please try the "version" API above from localhost (that's where I always start troubleshooting) and please keep the questions coming!

Thanks,

Phil