Is there an easy way to identify the latest dataverse account owners?

Su Nee Goh

Apr 7, 2019, 10:51:25 PM4/7/19
to Dataverse Users Community

Currently, the 'Dashboard' --> 'Users' does not allow us to browse by 'ID'. In order for us to identify the latest creations of dataverse account, we have to manually go through the pages in the 'Dashboard'. Is there any easier way to identify them? Could the Dataverse software team consider making the existing columns, ie. 'ID', 'Username', 'Name', 'Email', 'Affiliation', 'Authentication' sortable and filter applicable via the UI as well as providing an option to download all users data as a 'csv' for the 'Superusers'?

Philip Durbin

Apr 8, 2019, 7:03:29 AM4/8/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Great idea. Can you please create two issues about this at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues ?

1. Expose more fields and make them sortable.
2. Allow users to be downloaded as a CSV.

Phil

p.s. I just looked at listAuthenticatedUsers and filterAuthenticatedUsers at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues and I don't see any thing about sorting users, which is what we'd need to add, both to the API and the UI. The current docs are at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.12/admin/user-administration.html#list-users-via-api

p.p.s. From the command line, you can sort by "createdTime" like this:

curl -H "X-Dataverse-key: $API_TOKEN" http://localhost:8080/api/admin/authenticatedUsers | jq '.data |= sort_by(.createdTime)'

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 10:51 PM Su Nee Goh <su...@ntu.edu.sg> wrote:

Currently, the 'Dashboard' --> 'Users' does not allow us to browse by 'ID'. In order for us to identify the latest creations of dataverse account, we have to manually go through the pages in the 'Dashboard'. Is there any easier way to identify them? Could the Dataverse software team consider making the existing columns, ie. 'ID', 'Username', 'Name', 'Email', 'Affiliation', 'Authentication' sortable and filter applicable via the UI as well as providing an option to download all users data as a 'csv' for the 'Superusers'?

Su Nee Goh

Apr 8, 2019, 10:09:40 AM4/8/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks for your advice, Phil.

I've just created two issues:
1) Dashboard to manage users: expose more fields and make them sortable, in the API and UI #5726
2) Dashboard to manage users: allow users to be downloadable as a csv, via API and UI #5727

Su Nee