Update dataset doi identifier

Michel Bamouni

Jun 26, 2017, 7:07:13 AM6/26/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I am using dataverse 4.5.1 and I create a dataset.
I wan to know it is possible de change the dataset's DOI?
If true, how can I do it?

Best regards,

Michel

Sebastian Karcher

Jun 26, 2017, 7:36:22 AM6/26/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Not really. What's the use case?
We need this to import existing datasets with DOIs into Dataverse. For that, the two options are to either import via OAI-PMH or to create the dataset with a "test" DOI and then change it to the "real" one via SQL.

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

Michel Bamouni

Jun 26, 2017, 8:35:35 AM6/26/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Sebastian,

I waant to do this because, I have existing that I want to import into my dataverse.
Thanks you for answer.
I will try the OAI-PMH or sql way.

Best regards,

Michel