SignUp Url

Venkatachalam Kannadasan

Apr 10, 2018, 10:54:29 AM4/10/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I have changed the signup url in the configuration to another url using the following command

curl -X PUT -d '/dataverseuser.xhtml?editMode=CREATE' http://localhost:8080/api/admin/settings/:SignUpUrl

The signup url in the homepage menu points to the right url after I changed it. But the sign up url for the popup that appears when someone click on Add Dataset or Request Access still points to the old url. I am not sure whether this is the correct behavior.

But what I am trying to achieve is when a non-institutional member would like to sign up they are redirected to a survey form to fill in the necessary details. Once they have done that the dataverse admin will use the actual Create form to create the local account.
This would help in triggering the automatic email to the account holder. This is the main difference between creating the account using API and the UI.

I am not sure whether is this a bug or my understanding is wrong.

For your kind help please.

Philip Durbin

Apr 11, 2018, 11:52:15 AM4/11/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com