Working from home this AM

Gustavo Durand

Jun 20, 2012, 10:59:45 AM6/20/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Merce Crosas
Hi,

I needed to work from home this AM, but I'll be in the office just
after noon.

Call or e-mail, if you need anything.

Thanks,
Gustavo

Merce Crosas

Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:22 AM6/20/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you meant to send this to the dataverse community, right? ;-)
--
Mercè Crosas, PhD
Director of Product Development

Gustavo Durand

Jun 20, 2012, 11:30:34 AM6/20/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's correct, of course. Thanks, Merce, and sorry everyone.

I'll go ahead and use this as a good excuse to make some announcements and start up some discussion. :)

1. We completed the 3.1 release of the application last week and in its trial run here at IQSS. The main new functional area is the Guestbook:

After the trial run, we expect to make this available to the general community on Monday.

2. Naturally, we're starting work on 3.2 and beyond. 3.2 will be mostly a maintenance release where we work on bug fixes and extending the recent functionality we've added (e.g. adding controlled vocabulary to the last few fields that should have it).

One thing we are considering adding is the ability to generate automatic tweets on twitter. For now, the idea is to allow a dataverse admin to associate a dv with a twitter account. The application would then tweet about any newly released studies. Similarly, a dvn admin can associate the whole network with a twitter account and we will automatically tweet any newly released dataverses.

Does this seem like a good start? Is there anything else that seems important to consider for automatic tweets?

Thanks,
Gustavo

Stephen Marks

Jun 20, 2012, 12:11:09 PM6/20/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Aw man, and I just got my 3.0 test instance up yesterday. =)

Twitter integration sounds interesting. I know we've got one or two
Dataverse admins who would probably really dig it.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Gustavo Durand

Condon, Kevin

Jun 20, 2012, 12:25:37 PM6/20/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Stephen, thanks for the feedback. Btw, upgrading from v3.0 to v3.1 is easy: deploy the new war file, run the db upgrade script and restart glassfish.