modifying upload workflow

Khaled Maher

May 31, 2019, 7:51:50 AM5/31/19
to Dataverse Users Community

  ? what is the sequence of programming steps to modify the upload workflow to enable Researcher to uploads his/her machine-actionable DMP

Philip Durbin

May 31, 2019, 8:18:36 AM5/31/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I would suggest joining the discussion about DMPTool at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/JJB33tqykrI/qLysUwI6BgAJ

Is the machine-actionable DMP just a file? What format is it in? Can it be upload along side data files?

Phil

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 7:51 AM Khaled Maher <khaledm...@gmail.com> wrote:

  ? what is the sequence of programming steps to modify the upload workflow to enable Researcher to uploads his/her machine-actionable DMP

Crosas, Mercè

May 31, 2019, 8:50:49 AM5/31/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Khaled,

I would recommend uploading the machine-actionable DMP associated with the dataset as a supplementary file in the dataset itself.

In the future, we could provide support of machine-actionable DMP through a metadata block or something similar, but this will need to be discussed with the community once the machine-actionable DMPs become more standardized

Best,
Merce.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 7:51 AM Khaled Maher <khaledm...@gmail.com> wrote:

  ? what is the sequence of programming steps to modify the upload workflow to enable Researcher to uploads his/her machine-actionable DMP

Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
Harvard University's Research Data Officer, Office of Vice Provost for Research
Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, Institute for Quantitative Social Science