sign page/terms of use button

Erin MacPherson

Aug 31, 2017, 10:02:35 AM8/31/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,
Is it possible for me to change the wording on the "Create Account" button on the Sign Up page? We would like to change it to something like "Accept", or "Accept & Create Account" (that might be too wordy).
Thank you!
Erin

Heppler, Michael

Aug 31, 2017, 10:39:13 AM8/31/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Erin.

There are no configurable options for the text of that "Create Account" button, other than to fork your installation's code base and edit your `dataverse/src/main/java/Bundle.properties` file where we store all the text for the application.

I would also suggest creating a "New Issue" in our GitHub issue tracker with your suggestion. We are always looking to improve our UI and this seems like something we could look into to add value to the Dataverse sign up workflow.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Mike

Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer
Dataverse Project at The Institute for Quantitative Social Science
1737 Cambridge Street, Rm K333
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-2450
mhep...@hmdc.harvard.edu
www.iq.harvard.edu

Erin MacPherson

Aug 31, 2017, 11:44:46 AM8/31/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Mike,
Thank you for this! I will check with our Sys Admin and see about doing that.
Thanks again,
Erin