Storage space limitation for a user account in Dataverse?

ofu...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2017, 6:07:07 AM12/1/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi,

There is no storage limit currently enforced in Dataverse for a user account. We are interested to know if anyone has developed in/for Dataverse a function that can send warning information if a user depositing/deposited data, that in total exceeds a certain amount of GB  so that we are aware of the storage needs and can approve further storage should the user need it.

Regards

Obi

Philip Durbin

Dec 1, 2017, 10:19:44 AM12/1/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
No, but this is a good idea. I tend to use the word "quota" for this. I assume individual quotas would be easier to implement than group quotas. Quotas could also be imagined at the dataverse level, I suppose, but this would complicate reorganizing dataverses, which sometimes happens. Can you please open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues ?

Thanks!

Phil

ofu...@gmail.com

Philip Durbin