Can't install Dataverse 4.3 on Debian with Postgres 9.1 or 9.4

ofu...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 9:15:17 AM4/27/16
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,
I receive the following message when installing Dataverse 4.3  on Debian with Postgres 9.1 or 9.4 :

"Finally, did you supply the correct admin password?
   Don't know the admin password for your Postgres installation?
   - then simply set the access level to "trust" temporarily (for localhost only!)
   in your pg_hba.conf file. Again, please consult the
   installation manual)."

Both Glassfish4.1 and Postgres are on the same server.

This is how my pg_hba.conf looks:

local all all      trust
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 password

The same db configuration works on Dataverse 4.1 and 4.2 installation.

I need help.

Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

Apr 27, 2016, 9:23:57 AM4/27/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I would make sure I restarted postgres after editing pg_hba.conf. Also, I would do some testing with `psql` (or a graphical tool) to ensure that the permissions are what I expect independent of Dataverse.

If it's helpful, here is the file we use in Vagrant but please be advised that we are not at all strict about security within Vagrant and the guide above should be followed for security considerations: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.3/conf/vagrant/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

Phil

ofu...@gmail.com

Philip Durbin

Apr 27, 2016, 9:34:24 AM4/27/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. At this point the best thing may be for you to open a support ticket by emailing sup...@dataverse.org so we can get some tracking around this issue. There were some installer improvements made in 4.3 in https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/3017 so it's possible that some behavior changed but this is the first I've heard of any problems.

ofu...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 9:39:01 AM4/27/16
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
I removed other configuration in associated with other databases from pg_hba.conf, and it works.

Thanks for helping.

Ofuuzo