Dataverse in Openshift not starting

Jurn van Mieghem

Dec 19, 2018, 11:51:47 AM12/19/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I am farely new to OpenShift and Dataverse, however for a POC I am trying to setup Dataverse in an OpenShift environment. However the war cannot be deployed during startup due to an invalid certificate in Glassfish4. Could someone update the openshift configurations to use the latest version of Glassfish? I am unable to get Docker to work on my machine so I can't test it.

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Dec 19, 2018, 11:17:29 PM12/19/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jurn,

The work on OpenShift is definitely experimental and I'm not sure it's currently working. As far as I know, no one on the Dataverse Team or in the Dataverse Community is working on it at this time (if someone out there is working on it, please feel free to correct me :)). I pinged some of the people who worked on it recently and let them know about this post. They may have some additional thoughts or troubleshooting steps.

- Danny

o.be...@fz-juelich.de

Dec 21, 2018, 10:01:30 AM12/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jurn,

just a quick note, as you seem interested in running Dataverse on Kubernetes (OpenShift): feel free to leave a comment on https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5373. I try to gather people together that have a need or interest in this.

Cheers,
Oliver

Pete Meyer

Dec 21, 2018, 10:37:36 AM12/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jurn,

With the disclaimer that I haven't tested the Dataverse/OpenShift configurations in a while (and wasn't very involved even then):

- Using the latest versions of Glassfish requires code changes to the application, so updating the image with a newer glassfish version isn't likely to help get you up and running.  These code changes are something that the dev team has on their radar, however.
- The expired certificates in glassfish shouldn't be preventing war deployment (although there are some production issues where it's preferable to use the OS certificate store instead of the glassfish one).  It might be helpful if you posted the logs from your deployment failures.

Best,
Pete