Add Dataverse to the RDA Metadata Standards Catalog?

Philipp at UiT

Dec 12, 2019, 4:49:30 AM12/12/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I'm preparing a training session on metadata, and have just noticed that the RDA Metadata Standards Catalog (https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/) lists tools like e.g. CKAN under the heading "metadata tools" (https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/tool-index): https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/msc/t12. I guess if CKAN is listed here, Dataverse may be listed as well?

Best, Philipp

Crosas, Mercè

Dec 12, 2019, 9:18:35 AM12/12/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Philipp,

I think it would make sense. We should think about how best to describe Dataverse as a tool that supports several metadata standards, and list all the standards exported by Dataverse.

Do you know the process to add a new tool to the catalog? Could you find out more?

Best,
Merce

--
Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
University Research Data Officer,  HUIT  |   Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, IQSS

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:49 AM Philipp at UiT <uit.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm preparing a training session on metadata, and have just noticed that the RDA Metadata Standards Catalog (https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/) lists tools like e.g. CKAN under the heading "metadata tools" (https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/tool-index): https://rdamsc.bath.ac.uk/msc/t12. I guess if CKAN is listed here, Dataverse may be listed as well?

Best, Philipp

Philipp at UiT

Philip Durbin

Dec 16, 2019, 7:58:00 AM12/16/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp,

I'm not getting very far either. How do you feel about opening an issue at https://github.com/rd-alliance/metadata-catalog-dev/issues ?

I'd be happy to subscribe to it and try to help get Dataverse added.

Thanks,

Phil

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 12:08 AM Philipp at UiT <uit.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Philipp at UiT

Jun 15, 2020, 4:29:07 AM6/15/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Finally, I have managed to enter an entry for Dataverse:

I signed up here with GitHub.

@IQSS: Please have a look at the entry and make necessary changes.

Best, Philipp