Help in dataverse "Term of use" customization

Alfredo Cosco

May 6, 2022, 3:48:09 AM5/6/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,
I was given the task of completing the configuration of a DATAVERSE portal. Specifically, I was asked to customize the box with the "General Terms of Use" because it now looks like this:
term_of_use_box.png

In the online manual I read:
"Dataset terms can be viewed and edited from the Terms tab of the dataset page, or under the Edit dropdown button of a Dataset. There, you can set up how users can ...."

But I can't find where these menu items are: I can't find a tab or a menu item that refer to "Terms and conditions"

How can I do it? Please I need help because I'm going crazy.

edit_menu.png
Thanks,
Alfredo

Sherry Lake

May 6, 2022, 7:35:47 AM5/6/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alfredo,

The first image you show is the Application "Terms of Use" that one sees when logging on. The text for that is configured with the application setting "::ApplicationTermsOfUse". You can also set the language of the text:

The text you quote from the online manual is instructions on setting the terms (of use) for specific datasets.

--
Sherry Lake
University of Virginia

Alfredo Cosco

May 9, 2022, 3:53:51 AM5/9/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Oh thanks, I was aware of the API way, but I was hoping there was a more user friendly way via a web form.
Thanks,
Alfredo