Where Do I edit "Forgot password" from email address?

Márcio Silva

Apr 4, 2018, 2:10:15 PM4/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Everyone,

Where Do I edit "Forgot password" default from email address? My Dataverse instance doesnt send with dataverseAdmin email. I read all user documentation, but I am not able to change this email. My dadaverseAdmin email is xx...@email.com, but the system sends with yy...@email.com address.

Thanks,
Márcio.

Philip Durbin

Apr 4, 2018, 3:20:09 PM4/4/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Márcio,

The difference between these two email addresses is often a source of confusion.

- "dataverseAdmin" is the first "superuser" account created automatically by the installation script. The email comes from https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.8.6/scripts/api/data/user-admin.json#L7 but you can change it after installation. You can promote additional user accounts to "superuser" if you want. Each of these superusers will have their own unique email address (as all user accounts do).
- ":SystemEmail" is the database setting that controls which email address is used to send out system emails such as password reset messages or "welcome, thanks for creating an account" messages. This is not a user account. There is an example of how to change this setting at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.8.6/installation/config.html#systememail

I hope this helps,

Phil

Márcio Silva