Metadata conversion: DDI to MARC

Amber Leahey

May 24, 2016, 11:34:26 AM5/24/16
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi folks,

A while ago Eleni posted something about DDI to MARC conversion, and we coincidentally were also working on something for our cataloguers in Ontario. Thanks to help from UofWaterloo, WesternU, and UGuelph, we now have something for cross-walking DDI to MARC for the library catalogues.

So I'm attaching some files: 1) Metadata examples in DDI-XML  2) Crosswalk / conversion in XSL 3) MARC Binary records created from DDI examples

This is just an example crosswalk and we are working through the use cases. This would be relevant to the Dataverse Export functionality.

Thanks,
Amber Leahey
Data and Geospatial Librarian
Scholars Portal, Ontario Council of University Libraries
marc.zip

Castro, Eleni

May 24, 2016, 11:41:05 AM5/24/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com