LDAP support via ORCID

Philip Durbin

Jun 4, 2017, 9:56:15 PM6/4/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Oh, one thing I left out of these notes is the idea of getting LDAP support for Dataverse via ORCID. I didn't know this was possible but it sounds like Boston College got this working. The end user chooses ORCID as then can pick "Institutional account" from the ORCID login screen, where they see a long dropdown list of institutions. I'm fuzzy on the details but maybe these pages, which I have only glanced at, may shed some light:

- "Integration of ORCID iDs into LDAP/campus directory" at https://orcid.org/organizations/institutions/usecases

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there. I find it interesting.

Phil