Changing metadata using SQL

Christian Bischof

Jun 20, 2024, 5:02:39 AMJun 20
to Dataverse Users Community

I ask myself if it is a good idea to change metadata directly using SQL. The change of metadata via API or pyDataverse can be very complicated, if you have to change a lot of datasets. I see two problems:

  1. You lose the tracking of the metadata changes, the version number and the details.

  2. To address the correct id of the table datasetfieldvalue, if you only want to change the last version of a dataset and not all version of a dataset.

Are there any other things that should be considered?

There is one case documented https://guides.dataverse.org/en/5.12.1/installation/advanced.html where changes are also made directly via SQL. I assume there is no possibility to do it with the API.

Best Christian

Range, Jan

Jun 20, 2024, 5:42:00 AMJun 20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Christian Bischof

Jun 25, 2024, 9:38:06 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, I will give it a try.
Best Christian
Message has been deleted