"Explore" button for geo file disappear in 4.9.1 ?

Thanh Thanh Le

Sep 11, 2018, 4:52:44 AM9/11/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,

We used dataverse 4.8.6 with a local geoconnect. We have had the Explore button for geo file, as we have set :GeoconnectViewMaps to true.

However, after migrating to 4.9.1, the "Explore" button does not show up. The :GeoconnectViewMaps is always true.

This is a bug or we must make an extra action ?

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Philip Durbin

Sep 11, 2018, 6:55:22 AM9/11/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, as an experiment can you please enable Data Explorer by following the instructions in the README linked from http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.2/installation/external-tools.html ? (You don't have to do the "basic R configuration" for this test). When you're done testing you can follow the "Removing an External Tool Available in Dataverse" instructions to delete it.

Also, does the "Map" button still appear? That's controlled by :GeoconnectCreateEditMaps.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Thanh Thanh Le

Sep 13, 2018, 6:21:04 AM9/13/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phillip,

I've tested what you suggested. I have the Explore button for Data explorer without propblem.

However, I've just seen on dataverse demo website, here:  https://demo.dataverse.org/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.5072/FK2/LCAQ4F, the Explore button for geo file also disappears :
image.png
So, this is not just my case but the Explore button is deleted ?

Thanks in advance,

Thanh Thanh

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 4:52 AM, Thanh Thanh Le <lethithan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We used dataverse 4.8.6 with a local geoconnect. We have had the Explore button for geo file, as we have set :GeoconnectViewMaps to true.

However, after migrating to 4.9.1, the "Explore" button does not show up. The :GeoconnectViewMaps is always true.

This is a bug or we must make an extra action ?

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Geo_File_Explore_button_Problem.PNG

Philip Durbin