Shipping CodeMeta Metadata Block - Have your say before we merge!

Oliver Bertuch

Nov 10, 2022, 4:09:32 PM11/10/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,

the Dataverse Metadata Working Group is calling for your feedback on a
pull request, which will introduce (experimental [1]) support for
CodeMeta [2] in Dataverse as first step to support more deposits than
"just" datasets.

Please take a look at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/7877 within
the next two weeks.

We are eager to hear your feedback and encourage you to leave lots of
comments or GitHub reviews in that pull request. (You may of course also
find us here, on Slack, Matrix, etc.)

While in there, please also take a moment to look at the open questions
in the description and leave opinions on those, too.

You are very welcome to join the working group meetings (usually on
Thursdays, see [3]) for discussion of any ideas, opinions and more. If
there is no showstopper comment or review, we hope to get this merged
after the community review phase.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oliver

[1] "Experimental" meaning it's brand new and opt-in plus might need
future tweaking based on experience of usage in the field. These blocks
are listed here:
https://guides.dataverse.org/en/5.12.1/user/appendix.html#experimental-metadata
[2] https://codemeta.github.io
[3]
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_udn4tonm401k...@group.calendar.google.com

Oliver Bertuch
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Zentralbibliothek / Central Library
Forschungsdatenmanagement / Research Data Management
Entwicklung von Forschungssoftware / Research Software Engineering

52425 Jülich
+49 2461 61-85370
https://www.fz-juelich.de/zb

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht,
Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior