Export object storage data to file storage

MViana

Sep 14, 2021, 10:15:38 AM9/14/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

Currently I have a Dataverse instance using a object storage through S3. Due to some internal reasons, we need to store all datasets (and corresponding files) into a file storage. This means that all data stored in the object storage needs to be moved to the file storage.

With the point above achieved, I have now a mountpoint at: /usr/local/dvn/data with the expected data in the right structure. However, I'm not finding the right way to reindex the data in order to dataverse access from  file storage instead of object storage.

Any ideas how this could be made?

Best regards,
MViana

Don Sizemore

Sep 14, 2021, 10:27:06 AM9/14/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It would be best to do this on a test system first, and be sure to double-check your default storage-driver-id (and residual file store settings) once you're migrated?

Don

Zacarias Benta

Sep 15, 2021, 5:07:23 AM9/15/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Cheers Don,

We used your tip and it worked like a charm, we cleared the SOLR index and recreate it, then we just restarted payara and we had all the files available.