4.18.1 'featured dataverses' not appearing on the landing page

Jamie Jamison

Dec 5, 2019, 2:25:54 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I'm running 4.18.1   The featured dataverses are not appearing on the landing page.  There is additional empty space at the top of the landing page were this used to appear.  Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Jamison

Dec 5, 2019, 2:29:33 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I should have added that if I do a view code on the page I can find the featured dataverses block of code, it is just not displaying.

Sherry Lake

Dec 5, 2019, 2:47:35 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I can confirm on demo dataverse.

Looking at Demo dataverse, I see featured dataverses on the main page, BUT

If you look at one of my dataverses: https://demo.dataverse.org/dataverse/shl-osf you see a space where the featured dataverse should appear, but doesn't.

--
Sherry

Sherry Lake

Dec 5, 2019, 2:52:30 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Did some quick testing. If I add a description to the "shl-osf" dataverse, then the featured dataverse shows up.

But now I have removed the description, for all to see.

Julian Gautier

Dec 5, 2019, 3:38:57 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jaime and Sherry. I can reproduce this on Demo Dataverse and Harvard Dataverse, 4.18.1, too. Good catch about the description!

Could you open a github issue?

Jamie Jamison

Dec 5, 2019, 4:07:58 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Tried that myself.  Now the featured sites are back.

Jamie Jamison

Dec 5, 2019, 4:14:23 PM12/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community