Reference to a missing button (?)

mh.vezi...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2018, 2:32:48 PM8/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Dataversers,

[Context: tested in the 4.9.1 demo instance https://demo.dataverse.org/ ]

I'm getting the following message, at the bottom of the screen, when creating a new dataset:

Metadata Tip: After adding the dataset, click the Edit Dataset button to add more metadata. (taken from Bundle.properties -> file.metadataTip)

This is somehow confusing. Not sure where is this "Edit Dataset" button... Can someone tell me if this button exists? ...or if leftover from a prior version maybe?

If so, maybe it should be replaced by something like:

Metadata Tip: After adding the dataset, click the Edit button > Metadata to add more metadata.
or :
Metadata Tip: After adding the dataset, click the Metadata tab > Add + Edit Metadata button to add more metadata.

Marie-Hélène Vézina
Librarian, Université de Montréal

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Aug 1, 2018, 5:07:34 PM8/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi - thanks for this good feedback. As you mention, it's likely left over from a previous version or it's just a typo. We'll be revamping this area of the code pretty heavily as part of 5.0 and we'll spend a lot of time on the on-screen feedback and text. If you'd be interested in helping user test some of this functionality, feel free to fill out our sign up form:

Thanks again,

Danny