List of Dataverse(s) OAI server URLs

Sherry Lake

Oct 13, 2016, 2:55:53 PM10/13/16
to Dataverse Users Community

Is there a list of existing OAI server URLs, specifically Dataverse ones?

I know it's only for those on 4.5, but would love to see a list somewhere. I am not sure what the correct one is for Harvard.

I might be missing something, but it would be nice to have at least the Harvard URL in the Managing Harvesting Clients guide section.

Thanks,

--

Sherry Lake                                              shl...@virginia.edu

*Keeper of the Dataverse*                       http://dataverse.lib.virginia.edu

Scholarly Repository Librarian                 li...@virginia.edu

University of Virginia Library

Philip Durbin

Oct 14, 2016, 9:54:45 AM10/14/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Sherry, this is a great idea and for now I created a Google spreadsheet and have given you edit access to start creating a list (which I'm happy to help with):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12cxymvXCqP_kCsLKXQD32go79HBWZ1vU_tdG4kvP5S8/edit?usp=sharing

Dataverse installations who want to advertise their harvesting (OAI-PMH) URLs should contact me or Sherry to get on the list (we want some minimal vetting).

Longer term, this information should probably go on http://dataverse.org so I created a Trello card for this: https://trello.com/c/ddAoOSJk/29-create-list-of-dataverse-installations-and-their-harvesting-oai-pmh-urls . The map at http://dataverse.org is driven by a database so we should probably someday expose the data as JSON or whatever in the "installations" app: https://github.com/IQSS/miniverse/blob/master/dv_apps/installations/urls.py . This is somewhat related to https://github.com/IQSS/miniverse/issues/53

Phil

Sherry Lake                                              shlake@virginia.edu

*Keeper of the Dataverse*                       http://dataverse.lib.virginia.edu

Scholarly Repository Librarian                 li...@virginia.edu

University of Virginia Library

Mercè Crosas

Oct 14, 2016, 2:32:03 PM10/14/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I agree that this information should go in dataverse.org in the near future, even if there is simply a link from dataverse.org to a registry hosted in some other place. In order to be listed in the registry, it should pass a test/vetting, as suggested.

I think the googlesheet is a good place to start.

Merce

Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, IQSS
Harvard University

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Philip Durbin <philip...@harvard.edu> wrote:
[...]

Philip Durbin

Oct 19, 2016, 12:06:02 PM10/19/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Great. FYI to all that I just gave Amber Leahey from Scholars Portal access to edit the Google Spreadsheet as well. Again the URL is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12cxymvXCqP_kCsLKXQD32go79HBWZ1vU_tdG4kvP5S8/edit?usp=sharing

Eugene Barsky

Jun 23, 2017, 11:54:16 AM6/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
And I added a comment to add UBC Abacus Dataverse :) just now

Philip Durbin

Oct 9, 2019, 7:44:44 AM10/9/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to let everyone know that if you have added your installation and OAI-PHM sets to the "List of Dataverse installation OAI-PMH (Harvesting) URLs and sets" spreadsheet[1] discussed in this thread, I'm now including the names of those sets that are listed in popups on a new map at https://iqss.github.io/dataverse-installations/

Since Sherry started this thread I'll attach a screenshot of UVA as an example popup from the map.

Thanks,

Phil

p.s. For more on this new map, please see the "map of Dataverse installations, installations as a dataset, launch year" thread: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/xFRXZ7BAuQA/q_fLaenBBgAJ

1. List of Dataverse installation OAI-PMH (Harvesting) URLs and sets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12cxymvXCqP_kCsLKXQD32go79HBWZ1vU_tdG4kvP5S8/edit?usp=sharing

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Mercè Crosas <mcr...@iq.harvard.edu> wrote:
[...]

uva-harvesting.png