RData ingest

Manuel Wick

Jun 15, 2020, 3:39:20 PM6/15/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello, I have a question about RData ingest.
I am currently testing our new Dataverese installation and am trying out the file import.
When importing RData files the ingest does not seem to work. The file is not ingested but stored as a gzip archive as it is.
I don't understand why, I followed all conventions, at least I think so, and created very small files. I would just like to know what it could be. Maybe we missed a setting ?

Thanks a lot

dat.RData

Philip Durbin

Jun 15, 2020, 4:29:37 PM6/15/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manuel,

Thanks for reporting this and for providing the file you're using.

I was able to open in in RStudio just fine but when I uploaded it to https://demo.dataverse.org I got the following error:

"Upload Completed with Errors

Tabular data ingest failed. Unknown exception occured during ingest; R Tab File Parser: Could not obtain varQnty from the dataset metadata."

If you would be so kind as to open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues and link back to this thread so that we can find the time, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Durbin