Dataverse - OpenAIRE compliance

Valentina Pasquale

Jul 14, 2021, 5:51:05 AM7/14/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Dear Dataverse community,

I have a question about Dataverse compliance with OpenAIRE.
I understood that Dataverse is OpenAIRE compliant since 4.14, but I am encountering some issues in mapping funding information from Dataverse to OpenAIRE.
When users fill in funding information in the "Citation metadata" block, either by using the Grant Information (Grant Agency/Grant Number) fields or the "Contributor" fields (Type = "Funder"), this is mapped to, e.g.

<fundingReferences>

<fundingReference>

<funderName>European Commission</funderName>

<awardNumber>123456</awardNumber>

</fundingReference>

</fundingReferences>

However, OpenAIRE requires funding details to be mapped to

<contributor contributorType="Funder"> <contributorName>European Commission</contributorName> <nameIdentifier nameIdentifierScheme="info"> info:eu-repo/grantAgreement/EC/FP7/123456    </nameIdentifier> </contributor>

It looks to me that datasets in Dataverse are harvested and shown by OpenAIRE Explore, but metadata about funding information are not considered and datasets' records in OpenAIRE do not report funding ID (they are not linked to Projects, unless this is done manually).

Does anyone else encounter the same problem? Or did I interpret this wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Best wishes,

Valentina Pasquale
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT Dataverse

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jul 20, 2021, 10:41:10 AM7/20/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Valentina, I don't have an immediate answer for you, but I'm following up with some people who should hopefully be able to provide more information about the OpenAIRE export implementation.

- Danny

Valentina Pasquale

Jul 20, 2021, 10:47:01 AM7/20/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear Danny,

thanks for the update.
I have also asked the same question to OpenAIRE people, I am waiting for their response too. I will keep you posted.

Looking forward to receiving more info.

Best wishes,

Valentina