Add a custom logo on the top of the page

SDich

May 1, 2018, 11:40:44 AM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Good day,

Can you please tell me if there is a way I can use to add a custom logo on the top of the main page and keep that logo there when surfing from a page to another? What kind of images are allowed to be used (jpg, png,....)?

Thank you.

Sherry Lake

May 1, 2018, 11:51:06 AM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Check out the info on the Configuration guides under "Custom Navbar Logo"

We have changed our local instance of dataverse w/ our logo "LibraData"

Sherry Lake | Scholarly Repository Librarian | University of Virginia Library | shL...@virginia.edu | 434.924.6730 | @shLakeUVA | Alderman Library, 160 N. McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Alderman 563 | LinkedIn Profile | orcid.org/0000-0002-5660-2970  | “Keeper of the Dataverse"

SDich

May 1, 2018, 11:52:11 AM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Will try this and get back to you.
Thanks a lot

Heppler, Michael

May 1, 2018, 11:58:24 AM5/1/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Sidi.

The customization for your Dataverse installation that you are asking for is documented in our Branding Your Installation section of the Installation Guide.

http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.8.6/installation/config.html#branding-your-installation

In that section, it outlines all the various approaches you can take to add a custom look and feel to the UI. You can either use the Custom Navbar Logo approach (see the Harvard Dataverse installation as an example) or the Custom Header approach (see the University of Manitoba as an example).

Each of these approaches support various image file types, but the navbar logo approach recommends to limit the file size to fit in the existing navbar space.

If you have any other specific questions about customization, let me know, I will be glad to help.

Good luck!

Mike

Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer
Institute for Quantitative Social Science
Harvard University
1737 Cambridge Street, Rm K333
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-2450
www.iq.harvard.edu

SDich

May 1, 2018, 12:26:07 PM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks a lot for your time. I tried the custom Navbar logo approach and it worked so successfully for me.

Thank you guys for the quick responses.