Leaving AUSSDA

Stefan Kasberger

Aug 22, 2022, 7:01:20 AM8/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,

I am leaving AUSSDA this week after nearly 4 fun years around Dataverse and the Social Sciences in Europe.

So I want to use this opportunity to say good bye and thanks to you all - to this awesome community, which contributes so much great work to the open commons and was so kind to me from day one. Thanks, I really enjoyed being part of this and contributing also a bit to Open Science. And, as it has to be, special thanks to Phil Durbin for always helping and making it so easy to feel part of this from the get-go.

Regarding the future of pyDataverse and related work: With the end of my employment at AUSSDA and the end of the SSHOC project all funding has ended for my dev activities. So far there is no concrete plan on how to proceed with the projects, but I will get in the next days in touch with community leaders and talk about options. In general, I would love to improve the already done work and I am available as a freelancer for the next few months. So, if you have requests or ideas on this, you can also get in touch with me directly.

Thanks to all, all best and I hope to see you around somewhere, somehow, sometimes. :)

Cheerz, Stefan

Philipp at UiT

Aug 22, 2022, 7:36:23 AM8/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Stefan,

Sad to hear you're leaving AUSSDA and your AUSSDA-related work with Dataverse.
Thank you for you contribution to the Dataverse community the last four years! I's been a pleasure to collaborate with you as part of the SSHOC project and in other community efforts.

Good luck with your future plans!

Best, Philipp