Datacite web interface migration and dataverse doi provider

Michel Bamouni

Aug 3, 2018, 10:59:35 AM8/3/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I use datacite as doi provider in my dataverse configuration.
Recenty, datacite inform that they will replace "https://mds.datacite.org/" web interface by "https://doi.datacite.org/"
Since this date, when I create a dataset in dataverse, the doi landing page resolver doesn't work. This because the landing page is good in https://doi.datacite.org/ but not in "https://mds.datacite.org/"

How can solve this,

regards,

Michel

Pete Meyer

Aug 3, 2018, 5:33:55 PM8/3/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're referring to a change to the interactive web UI used for manually creating or editing DOIs with Datacite (please correct me if I'm wrong).  I haven't heard of any changes to the URL used for API calls (but haven't recently checked); but if the API URL doesn't not change then there shouldn't need to be any configuration changes in Dataverse.

Best,
Pete

Michel Bamouni

Aug 6, 2018, 4:42:13 AM8/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Pete,

Datacite sends us mail to inform that the interactive UI mds will be migrate to a new interface. My problem is that when I create a DOI in dataverse UI, I get a link associate to the DOI number like in the join picture. When I click on the link , I am redirected to the page http://www.datacite.org.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/404.html.
Normally I am redirected to the landing page of the DOI.

So I want to know if someone use datacite as doi provider also meet this problem?

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Aug 6, 2018, 9:15:47 AM8/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi

In addition to my previous post, With the introduction of doi farbrica (https://doi.datacite.org), datacite intriduce the notion of state for à doi descripbing in this page : https://support.datacite.org/docs/doi-states.
So according to the, if a doi use a demo prefix, the doi resolver doesn't actived. So my sandbox dataverse,

Since I'm using a demo prefix, the doi resolver does not work. I would like to know if dataverse offers a workaround for this new datacite mode of operation?

regards,

Michel