Multiple Options for Licensing

Philipp at UiT

Jul 17, 2017, 8:07:28 AM7/17/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Following up this GitHub issue, I would like to suggest to add more predefined options for licences in Dataverse. As for now, the only predefined choice is CC0. In any other cases, one has to specify the terms in free-text fields. It would make the terms more clear and interoperable if one could choose a license from a pull-down menu. In our case, we would configure CC0 as default, but would give some more options (= well-defined data licenses), including a free-text options if none of the offered licenses do apply.

See also this issue about licenses on file level.

Best,
Philipp

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jul 17, 2017, 4:29:37 PM7/17/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks Philipp. This isn't something that's on our radar at the moment, but something that may fit in nicely as we approach how to handle sensitive data.