Do not apply DOI for all dataset, to avaoid duplicates of DOIs (Datacite)

Abdoulayi Soumare

Aug 6, 2018, 5:35:07 AM8/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello everyone,

We are currently implementing the dataverse in our structure. However, would it be possible not to systematically apply DOI to all datasets, especially for datasets that we would like to import into dataverse and that already contain a pre-established DOI?
This is to avoid that a dataset will contain more DOIs.

If it is possible, we thank you kindly to indicate the procedure to follow.

By remembering your accuracy in advance

SA.

Sebastian Karcher

Aug 6, 2018, 11:41:42 AM8/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,
there's no perfect solution, but here's a thread where several current options are discussed as well as future plans:

Hope that helps,
Sebastian

Pete Meyer

Aug 9, 2018, 10:29:02 AM8/9/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

One option that didn't exist at the time of that thread is the ability to import datasets with an existing DOI using the Dataverse native API (http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.2/api/native-api.html#import-a-dataset-into-a-dataverse).

Best,
Pete