Custom Homepage, Footer

Sherry Lake

Nov 3, 2017, 3:38:03 PM11/3/17
to Dataverse Users Community
If I need a <script> run for my custom footer, where can I put that code? Can I use <script>?

It usually goes in the <head>, but it looks like all the custom parts (header, homepage & footer) are just pieces of the <body>?

We have a standard (static) footer component we put on all Library web pages. I was hoping to use this instead of hard coding the markup in my DV footer.

Thanks,
Sherry

Heppler, Michael

Nov 3, 2017, 3:42:35 PM11/3/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Sherry.

We do not have a custom content option to place script tags into the head tag of a page. I would recommend including them as part of a custom footer file, so that they are loaded later than the content on your page.

Would that work?

Mike

Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer
The Institute for Quantitative Social Science
1737 Cambridge Street, Rm K333
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-2450
mhep...@hmdc.harvard.edu