permissions required for search API

fooba...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2022, 7:15:21 PM7/20/22
to Dataverse Users Community
What permissions need to be added to a user's account in order to allow them to use their API token to get results in the search API? I want to give a user permission to use the search API without giving them the ability to modify anything.

Philip Durbin

Jul 21, 2022, 7:39:22 AM7/21/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I assume you mean unpublished results. Published results are available without an API token (unless you set :SearchApiRequiresToken to true).

To find unpublished results, the user must have the ViewUnpublishedDataset (for a dataset and its files) or ViewUnpublishedDataverse (for a Dataverse collection).

I hope this helps,

Phil

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 7:15 PM fooba...@gmail.com <fooba...@gmail.com> wrote:
What permissions need to be added to a user's account in order to allow them to use their API token to get results in the search API? I want to give a user permission to use the search API without giving them the ability to modify anything.

fooba...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2022, 10:33:58 AM7/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks for your reply, Phil -- I had just picked an example that only returned unpublished data and got confused!