EZID Transition to Datacite

已查看 47 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Sherry Lake

未读,
2017年9月8日 10:13:412017/9/8
收件人 Dataverse Users Community
I couldn't find a thread specifically taking about the EZID service ending for DOIs (ending the service for all except for California Schools - UC system or anyone still generating ARKs).

Here's EZID's announcement:

I've been on a few calls with EZID and DataCite and wonder if Harvard has talked about this implication?

There is a 6 month (to a year if you are actively "trying" to convert) window to change over from EZID to DataCite. This shouldn't be too much of a software problem, since Dataverse has DataCite DOI generation, so for us with institutional Dataverses, it is more about money and a new contract.

Currently there are 3 EZID features that DataCite does not (yet) have:
  • web interface to manually add or edit DOIs
  • reserving DOIs
  • link checking
These features are on DataCite's roadmap: https://www.datacite.org/roadmap.html

So my question is since Dataverse supports minting DataCite DOIs, how are DataCite DOIs "reserved" in Dataverse (since that is not something they support, yet)?

Here's EZID-to-DataCite migration guide:

Can this be a topic of discussion on the next Dataverse Community call?

Thanks for listening.
Sherry

Sherry Lake | Scholarly Repository Librarian | University of Virginia Library | shL...@virginia.edu | 434.924.6730 | @shLakeUVA | Alderman Library, 160 N. McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Alderman 563 | LinkedIn Profile | “Keeper of the Dataverse"

danny...@g.harvard.edu

未读,
2017年9月8日 10:59:032017/9/8
收件人 Dataverse Users Community
Hey Sherry - I'm sure some folks from the team or the community will add some details here, but I just wanted to add a quick response that we can add this to the agenda for the Tuesday call. Thanks for mentioning it as a candidate!
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子