Problems with downloading multiple files simultaneously in DVN 3.6

Joerg Messer

Sep 8, 2014, 6:30:01 PM9/8/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

A while back we started having problems with the "Download Selected Files" feature on the "Data & Analysis" page.  Downloading individual files works fine but when we try to download more than one we get the following error.  Has anyone seen this before?

//Joerg (UBC Library)

The resource did not process correctly

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1000m"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:419)
	at java.lang.Long.(Long.java:678)
	at edu.harvard.iq.dvn.core.web.servlet.FileDownloadServlet.zipMultipleFiles(FileDownloadServlet.java:1950)
	at edu.harvard.iq.dvn.core.web.servlet.FileDownloadServlet.service(FileDownloadServlet.java:274)

Philip Durbin

Sep 8, 2014, 6:44:53 PM9/8/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Huh. Can you please link to line 1950 on GitHub?

Joerg Messer

Philip Durbin

Sep 9, 2014, 4:26:32 PM9/9/14
to Joerg Messer, dataverse...@googlegroups.com
What version of DVN are you running? We're running 3.6.2 but line 1950 is whitespace (a newline):

https://github.com/IQSS/dvn/blob/3.6.2/DVN-root/DVN-web/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dvn/core/web/servlet/FileDownloadServlet.java#L1950

That's why I asked for a link. :)

I hope this make sense. Linking to line numbers really helps developers hunt down a problem.

Phil

Joerg Messer

Sep 9, 2014, 4:44:46 PM9/9/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, joerg....@gmail.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Phil,

Ok.  The fog is lifting.  I gave the version (DVN v3.6) in the title.  We're a little back level.

//Joerg
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dataverse-community+unsubscribe...@googlegroups.com.

Philip Durbin

Sep 9, 2014, 6:32:23 PM9/9/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hope this helps,

Phil

Joerg Messer

Sep 9, 2014, 7:13:45 PM9/9/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Phil,

That helps a great deal.  I appear to have been confused about valid download limit values in domain.xml.  The problem has been fixed and all is well.  Many thanks for pointing out this rookie error.  Ciao.

//Joerg

Philip Durbin

Sep 9, 2014, 7:38:06 PM9/9/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Great to hear!

Phil

p.s. Excellent point about the version number in the subject. :)