Change solr param in dataverse installation

Michel Bamouni

May 4, 2017, 8:03:18 AM5/4/17
to Dataverse Users Community
I have install dataverse 4.5.1 successfully using solr 6.5.0.
I want to know if I can change the the solr update url because solr 4.6.0 and solr 6.5.0 update url structure are different?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

May 15, 2017, 12:41:34 PM5/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! As you have discovered, Dataverse currently makes assumptions about the Solr URL based on whatever was used in Solr 4.6.0. It looks like this right now:

new HttpSolrServer("http://" + systemConfig.getSolrHostColonPort() + "/solr")

It sounds like what you're saying is that the trailing "/solr" should be configurable. Can you please create a GitHub issue for this and explain how the URL should look for Solr 6? (I'm not sure if anyone is interested in running Solr 5* at this point.)

Thanks!

Phil

* I just took a look at the ancient pull request at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/2985 and it's for Solr versions through 5.4.1. I still feel guilty for encouraging Shannon to make that pull request because we didn't have time to look at it (and don't plan to make time in the near term). There may be some code in there that's of interest.