How to change password for Dataverse Postgres account?

已查看 56 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Anders Conrad

未读,
2017年7月14日 09:47:042017/7/14
收件人 Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I tried to change the password in Postgres. Subsequently stopped Glassfish and changed the line

<property name="password" value="..."></property>

in config/domain.xml accordingly.

This resulted in the "EJB Timer Service is not available" error described in http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/admin/troubleshooting.html. I tried the workaround described here, but without succes. Changing the password back to the original resulted in everything loading correctly again.

What is the correct procedure if you want to change the Postgres password for Dataverse? Apologies if I have overlooked something in the doc or here in the Google group...

/Anders

Don Sizemore

未读,
2017年7月14日 10:17:462017/7/14
收件人 dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I've gotten the "EJB Timer" error before when the root problem was database connectivity. I bet you'll see SQL errors further up in the log.

Not to ask a silly question, but did you verify that the password change worked via connecting with psql or another database client?

I'll try this on a test machine and report back.

Donald

Anders Conrad

未读,
2017年7月17日 09:09:442017/7/17
收件人 Dataverse Users Community
Donald, thank you for your trouble!

Not a silly question - I had changed the password with pgAdmin, and the new password worked when connecting through pgAdmin.

Today I tried setting it directly by psql and choosing a shorter password with fewer special characters. And now it seems to work correctly.

Not quite sure what made the difference, but case closed in any case.

Thank you,
Anders

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Anders Conrad <a...@kb.dk> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to change the password in Postgres. Subsequently stopped Glassfish and changed the line

<property name="password" value="..."></property>

in config/domain.xml accordingly.

This resulted in the "EJB Timer Service is not available" error described in http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/admin/troubleshooting.html. I tried the workaround described here, but without succes. Changing the password back to the original resulted in everything loading correctly again.

What is the correct procedure if you want to change the Postgres password for Dataverse? Apologies if I have overlooked something in the doc or here in the Google group...

/Anders

回复全部
回复作者
转发