Does anyone have experience hosting a DVN? What are the yearly costs?

kcondo...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2012, 4:58:26 PM12/13/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

A small research group was wondering what it would cost to host DVN on their own infrastructure. I can estimate cost based on a 1, 2, or 3 server class system but wondered what people's real world experience was.

Thanks for any information,

Kevin

Finn Sandø

Dec 13, 2012, 5:25:27 PM12/13/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

You need an adsl with a dedicated ip address and a domaine name. Price differs. For servers I can strongly recommend hp-microserver, i have one installed with 16gb ram. I use esxi to run several virtual linux servers on top. It will easily support what you describe. Just remember as always, java loves ram.

Condon, Kevin

Dec 18, 2012, 12:57:35 PM12/18/12
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!