Interest? Open Repositories 2018 Dataverse Panel Proposal

Sherry Lake

Dec 7, 2017, 9:52:25 AM12/7/17
to Dataverse Users Community

I am putting together a panel proposal for Open Repositories 2018, June 4 - 7.

OR2018 Theme: Sustaining Open

Call for papers: http://www.or2018.net/call-for-papers/

Deadline for papers: January 5, 2018

Even though the call for Papers suggests that for"a successful submission", a proposal be "For a wide audience beyond a single system", I still think we can pull together 5 - 6 of us in the Dataverse Community to talk about our involvement with Dataverse. We will have "international flare"??

So who is going to OR2018 in Bozeman Montana, who would go if you are a presenter?

I have started a google doc with a first stab at possible panelists and topics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouoLnwLZK2pS8GiibHne_hKse0rxrZynJ13QQqxTsZw/edit

I am not sure who would want to be involved in presenting (and we all can't), but am looking for 5 (maybe 6?) of us "Dataversians" to present.

So who wants to join me? Please use the above google doc to add your interest & topics. I have tentatively marked a spot for Dataverse North and ADA.

I am asking that those who can be part of the panel submit to me a paragraph or two (or just add it to the above google doc at the end). I'll merge all the info to create a 2 - 4 page panel proposal. I'll then send out the proposal back to this google group for comments. Then I'll submit it to OR18 on January 5, 2018.

Thanks for considering being part of the panel.

Best,
Sherry Lake

Sherry Lake | Scholarly Repository Librarian | University of Virginia Library | shL...@virginia.edu | 434.924.6730 | @shLakeUVA | Alderman Library, 160 N. McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Alderman 563 | LinkedIn Profile | orcid.org/0000-0002-5660-2970  | “Keeper of the Dataverse"

Sherry Lake

Jan 3, 2018, 10:33:22 AM1/3/18
to Dataverse Users Community
The deadline for submissions for Open Repositories has been extended to January 15th.

So, new deadlines:

Jan 8th:  Individual paragraphs for presenters (topics) to get to me.
Jan 10th: Sherry will send a draft 2 - 4 page proposal to this google group so ALL (even those who hare not presenting)
Jan 15th. Sherry will take all suggestions, revise and submit the proposal

Eugene Barsky

Jan 4, 2018, 11:45:22 AM1/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Sounds good, Sherry. I have added the Dataverse North paragraph to the proposal.

E.