Cite Dataset - BibTeX - Firefox json error

Ahmed Mahdy

Jul 17, 2019, 1:47:55 PM7/17/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,

I just encountered an error while clicking on BibTex under Cite Dataset through Firefox as below, It works fine on chrome or safari. I replicated the same issue on scholar portal. Is this a known issue? or should I initiate an issue on Github?

Dataverse version 4.10.1

Cite Dataset.JPG

json.JPG

Heppler, Michael

Jul 17, 2019, 1:59:40 PM7/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Ahmed.

I was able to replicate this same SyntaxError in Firefox on our demo server (https://demo.dataverse.org).

There does not appear to be an issue in GitHub recording this, and we would greatly appreciate you opening a new issue for us.

Thank you for providing details like where you found it, the application version number and the browsers you used. All of that is important to capture in bug reports.

Mike

Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer, Dataverse Team
Institute for Quantitative Social Science, Harvard University
1737 Cambridge Street, Rm K333, Cambridge, MA 02138
www.iq.harvard.edu

Ahmed Mahdy

Jul 17, 2019, 2:26:33 PM7/17/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, I created an issue

Cite Dataset - BibTeX - Firefox json error #6029

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 1:48 PM Ahmed Mahdy <ahmedsam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I just encountered an error while clicking on BibTex under Cite Dataset through Firefox as below, It works fine on chrome or safari. I replicated the same issue on scholar portal. Is this a known issue? or should I initiate an issue on Github?

Dataverse version 4.10.1

Cite Dataset.JPG

json.JPG

Heppler, Michael

Jul 17, 2019, 2:31:38 PM7/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Ahmed. I also added a comment with some details from my efforts to replicate the bug on demo.

Hopefully we can get this prioritized and fixed soon.