looking for Dataverse 3rd party vendors

dpdong

May 22, 2019, 9:08:51 PM5/22/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

Our institution is planning to build an institutional data repository. Does anyone happen to know any third-party vendor that provides the service to host and maintain Dataverse?

Our university prefers to outsource the development and maintenance when it comes to open source software. If your institution was in a similar position, please share with us your experiences.

If you're a vendor - we're currently in the midst of a RFQ. You can reach me at dpd...@smu.edu.sg

Thank you very much in advance for any leads!

Danping

Jonathan Crabtree

May 22, 2019, 9:15:00 PM5/22/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Danping

Our team at Odum would be happy to talk with you about your requirements

We might be able to help or at least get you some good ideas on how to proceed

Drop me an email and we can talk more

Jon Crabtree

May 22, 2019, 9:16:33 PM5/22/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I was also going to point you towards Odum. E.g. Emory is running their IR on the Odum/UNC Dataverse :  https://dataverse.unc.edu/dataverse/Emory

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

dpdong

May 22, 2019, 9:47:49 PM5/22/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Sebastian,

I've just reached out to Jon from Odum. Thank you for the leads!

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 9:08 PM dpdong <dpd...@smu.edu.sg> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Our institution is planning to build an institutional data repository. Does anyone happen to know any third-party vendor that provides the service to host and maintain Dataverse?

Our university prefers to outsource the development and maintenance when it comes to open source software. If your institution was in a similar position, please share with us your experiences.

If you're a vendor - we're currently in the midst of a RFQ. You can reach me at dpd...@smu.edu.sg

Thank you very much in advance for any leads!

Danping

Jen Doty

May 23, 2019, 1:25:15 PM5/23/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, Sebastian, for sharing our example! Danping, I manage our data repository service at Emory, using the UNC Dataverse. Jon Crabtree and the whole team at Odum have been wonderful to work with, and I'm happy to chat more if you have additional questions after speaking with Jon.